August 25, 2011

The Magical Glasses

You know, sometimes we don't know a person by himself.
We know him through judgments:
how he behaves, what he wears, and who he mingles with.

And so, it is so exhausting to live in this world,
as you need to constantly restrain yourself from being who you really are.
Because the real you might not be the socially accepted you.
Because the real you is too fragile for judgments.

But when I am too exhausted to face judgments,
or rather, too worn from fearing to be judged,
I will take my glasses off.

The world becomes blur without my glasses.
And there is this sudden relief from the blurriness of the world.
I can't see how others behave and so I can't judge.
I can't judge and so I become oblivious to judgments people might have on me.
Like an ostrich hiding its head under the sand.

An action of cowardice?
Maybe.

But it may prove something:
Judgment exists only because you make yourself aware of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment